Carbide-derived carbon (CDC) is a nanoporous carbon produced by the extraction of metals from carbides. CDCs are produced at temperatures from 200-1200ºC as a powder, coating, a membrane or parts with near-final shapes, with or without mesopores.
As precursors for carbide-derived carbon CDC synthesis we used different binary carbides – TiC, SiC, B4C, VC, Mo2C, NbC as well as ternary carbides, also known as MAX-phases, – Ti3AlC2, Ti2AlC, Mo2AlC, V2AlC and others.
A wide range of carbide precursors leads to a wide range of pore volumes and tailored properties. Total volume and characteristic dimensions of meso- and nanopores can be predicted and achieved by selection of a binary or ternary carbide and variation of the chlorination process parameters. Carbide derived carbons CDC can find applications in molecular sieves, gas storage, catalysts, adsorbents, battery electrodes, supercapacitors, water/air filters and medical devices.
A complete line of precisely manufactured specialty activated carbons custom-made to perform best in your application. Unlike hundreds of off-the-shelf carbon based commodity products, our carbon-derived carbon CDC allows activated carbon to be manufactured according to your needs and tuned to a specific application whether your product targets performance improvements in energy, water, medical, anlytical or other applications.
With our carbide-derived carbon CDC, we have shown improvement in performance in several applications including supercapacitors, lithium ion batteries, gas (methane, hydrogen, chlorine, carbon dioxide, oxygen) storage, biocidial materials, thermal desorption, liquid chromatography, filtration, catalyst support and sorbents for sepsis treatment.
We are interested in partnering with you to develop carbide derived carbons specifically tailored to meet your needs.
2202 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Overall
- Metalizadoras al vacio por evaporacion termal (35560 views)
- Cadena de fabricacion completa de celulas solares fotovoltaicos de silicio amorfo (9873 views)
- Thermal evaporation metallizer (2872 views)
- AZO Transparent Conductive Coating Line (2857 views)
- Acetylsalicylic acid ≥99.0%, crystalline (2716 views)
- Magnetron Sputtering Deposition Line for ITO Glass (2462 views)
- Magnetron Sputtering coating line for low-e glass (2363 views)
- Magnetron sputtering web coater (2340 views)
- HYDROGEN PEROXIDE 35% (food grade) (2311 views)
- Carbide derived carbon CDC (2202 views)